Tuesday, May 29, 2012

London Calling

I had a blast making this LO for my sister-in-law of her recent trip to England! What better challenge to enter this in, than the British challenge at Scrapbook.com. It's also for the multi-pic challenge, and my example for the Sewing Challenge that I host. The twist that I gave was to stitch your title. I used some old chipboard letters to trace my title and hand-stitched it in blue. I did lots of masking and stamping on this page. My favorite part though is the phone booth that I made out of a shirt gift box. I used an exacto knife to cut it out, and then painted it red before adding a shiny top coat. The windows on the sides are backed with clear transparency paper. I cut the crown out with my Cricut (home decor cartridge), and actually used the back of an old envelope that was gold. I love when I can recycle things into my work! Besides the blue background paper all the other papers are from Tim Holtz Lost and found collection.
Here's some close-ups. The stamped Big Ben started out as a mistake. I stamped it in black ink, but it didn't take in the middle. At first I was just going to cover the whole image with the gold embossed framed and colored image, but I liked the way it looked angled off of the original stamp. Sometimes mistakes can turn into something even better than you had imagined. 

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Andrea! This is fantastic! Love the phone booth and all of your stitching. Your stitched alphas look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing page! I love your creativity and those photos are so beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, it's been a while since I see your work. Truly amazing layout and I really love you recycled embellishements. Beautiful layout! Love it.
    I am also ow following your blog.

    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page! I love the embellies.

    P.S. - I have family in Sparks & Reno. :)

    ReplyDelete