Wednesday, June 24, 2015

South Pacific "Hawaiian Rainforest" Layout ~ FotoBella DT

     This is one of the few photos I have of myself in Hawaii, at age 14, looking a little annoyed and bored because I wanted to be at the beach instead of hiking though this beautiful rainforest. Teenagers! Lol!



     I don't think I could've found a better collection to go with this photo than Basic Grey's South Pacific Collection from FotoBella! It's full of tropical colors and patterns that can go with any island photos, old or new. I started by misting the green paper with Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray (Cathedral Pines Green).Then I created the leaf border on the bottom with the Enjoy The Journey Clear Stamp, using two different shades of green ink. I also stamped HILO and the date on the banner sticker, with some old stamps. The ribbons, floral die, and buttons are from the Ephemera, which has been hand selected exclusively from FotoBella. I used the stickers to make my title, cutting and inking the rectangle alphas into a banner.



     
     For some added texture I added the burlap from my own stash, and hand-stitched the dark green border under the photo. Then I popped up the floral diecut to finish it off!



Challenges:
June Tic Tac Toe Challenge (I used the bottom row across.Summer theme, mixed alphas, and buttons)



Thanks for popping by yourself! 



2 comments:

  1. What a great layout Drea! Your colours are so vibrant and lush, perfect for the theme! You do some really great work, love the versatility you have! I'm your newest follower. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Hawaiian layout! Thanks for playing along with my Tic Tac Toe challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete