Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th of July! ~ FotoBella DT

     Happy 4th of July! I had a blast making this page in my art journal for the FotoBella Design Team, using Dyan Reaveley's Dylusion's Paints from FotoBella.com!


     
     I started by masking the stripes with some Artist Tape, and applied Postbox Red with my Mini Blending Tool. Then I went over them again with the same color using the Tim Holtz Stripes Stencil
The next step was the zigzags created with the Tim Holtz Zigzag Stencil and After Midnight. To fill in the background, I used my fingers to apply a layer of London Blue followed by After Midnight. Finally the stars were done with an old stencil and White Linen, before adding the title done with the Tim Holtz Alphabet Mask and Cargo Stencil.



     These fireworks photos taken a few years ago over Lake Tahoe, were cut with the same star stencil.




     For some sparkle, I outlined them with Christmas Red, Blue Bayou, and Sea Spray Stickles.



     Thanks for looking, and have a fun and safe 4th of July from all of us at FotoBella!

**************************************
Challenges:

Emerald Creek Dares ~ Fireworks and Sparks (Special day is 4th of July)



No comments:

Post a Comment