Sunday, July 16, 2017

Majestic Mountain Frame ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Hello! I hope you're enjoying the rest of the weekend. I'm back to share my mixed media frame featuring the Majestic Mountain, All Things of Nature, and Hope Perches Unmounted Rubber Stamps from Red Rubber Designs.



     Since the pizza box that I made the frame from already had a tab on it, I centered it on top with a grommet though it, tearing the top layer to reveal the corrugated cardboard. Then I covered it with Prima Heavy White Gesso to mimic the waterfalls in the stamp. Once dry, I colored it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals. which completely soaked and warped the frame. But as it started to dry it went back into place with the help of some heavy books placed on top. The water did remove the backing though, making it flimsy, so I mounted it onto heavy black matte board. 



     The Majestic Mountain stamp was the perfect image for me to try reflective stamping for the first time. After stamping the image onto white cardstock, I stamped it again onto acetate, and flipped the design underneath, rubbing it onto the paper. It took a few tries, but is something I'll definitely be doing again. Then I colored it with the same Magicals that I used on the frame and to color the flowers. 



     Although the Magicals themselves have lots of shimmer, I also added Clear Wink of Stella to the birds and water. The birds were stamped with the All Things of Nature stamp, popped up, and finished with a dot of black puffy paint on their eyes.


 
     Finally, the sentiment was done with the Hope Perches Unmounted Stamp, stamped with two different purple inks. 



     Thanks for looking, and go to Red Rubber Designs to shop these featured stamps and more!

*********************************


Challenges:

Mixed Media Place (I was inspired by the colors, trees, and bird)



The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge (I altered my aqua Kaisercraft flowers by coloring them with Magicals, scrunching them up for texture, and layering them.) 





6 comments:

  1. wow wow wow again thanks for playing with MMP this month xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birds I have a thing for birds in fact saw a hummingbird in my flower garden this morning. You did a fantastic job painting them. Thanks for playing along at Mixed Media Monthly. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your participation for MMP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning project! Thanks for playing along with Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just amazing!!!!!
    Thanks for playing with us at MMP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely details to look over, thanks for playing along with us at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete