Thursday, November 16, 2017

Button Day Cards ~ FotoBella DT

     Happy National Button Day! I can't believe another year has already gone by since my post here celebrating one of my favorite embellishments! I got into my late grandma's stash to create a couple of cards using some of my older Bundles from FotoBella. Pinterest is always full of great ideas, and inspired this cute, little, snowman family.



     The background was done with Hickory Smoke, Pumice Stone, and Weathered Wood Distress Inks spritzed with some water. Then I used an old toothbrush to apply snow using White Linen Dylusions Paint. The actual snow texture, which I absolutely LOVE, was done with Prima Marketing's Snowflake Paste, used on the hills and the tree sticker applied with Bo Bunny's Palette Knife!



     The snowmen were made with three buttons, knotted at the eyes, with scraps of ribbon for the scarves. Then I cut the hats from black cardstock, coating them with Black Diamond Stickles, also used on the edges of the sentiment.



     This other card was made for my nephew, and again uses up some older Bundles, including Bo Bunny's Pop Quiz Papers with Black Soot Distress Ink applied to the edges.



     After printing the bus onto white cardstock, I applied Glossy Accents to the windows, and Orange Peel Stickles to the lights. Black buttons make perfect wheels, atop the embossed music notes stamped with Ranger's Jet Black Archival Ink



     Bo Bunny Bundles and Ephemera Packs almost always have buttons in them, including chipboard ones. Don't be afraid to mix up different collections like I did on this banner strung together with some twine. 



     You can never have enough Buttons, so shop FotoBella.com to add to your collection! 


Challenges:









3 comments:

  1. SO fun, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card! I love how you have used the buttons and ribbons, it looks very effective. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xxhttps://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card and what a clever use of buttons, they look fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete