Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mini Wildflowers

Hello! Here's the new Thursday sketch (week of July 28th)  from Pages in Time, designed by Traci Thiel. I really LOVE this sketch, and had a lot of fun using it!
Here's my take. I decided to flip the sketch to suit my photos better.
I made all the flowers myself. The larger flowers were inspired by Lisa Gregory's Peeled Paper Poppies.http://what-a-beautiful-mess.blogspot.com/2011/01/peeled-paper-poppies-tutorial.html I didn't have the punches that she used, so I hand cut all the petals out of cardstock, which was first glimmer misted. I also didn't peel my petals, but chose to make 10 instead of  5 gluing the petals together near the stems. For the centers I used my Cricut (Mother's Day bouquet) and some orange felt flower brads.
To make the mini wildflowers you'll need this Martha Stewart punch. I'm not sure what it's called though. You'll also need some yellow cardstock, glue, Wild Honey Distress Ink, blending tool, a stylus, foam pad or old mouse pad, and a small bead for the center. I used a brown one.

You'll need to punch 2 large flowers and 2 small ones out of yellow cardstock.
Then use your blending tool to ink the edges with your distress ink.
Then with your foam pad underneath, use your stylus on each petal starting from the center and working out. Just keep going back and forth until your petals naturally shape themselves.
Now you can glue your layers together. For the larger flowers I stacked them directly on top of eachother, and for the smaller ones I alternated the petals.
To finish it off just add your bead in the center. Here's a close-up.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea!! The flower is beautiful!! And your little flowers are just to cute!! I have that MS punch. It is the Hydrangea punch. I love it!! I am glad to be of inspiration, and thank you for the shout out, although you made the flowers your own!! They rock!!
    Big Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little layered flowers on this page, Andrea. Thank you for taking us through the steps you used to make them - this post definitely has me itching to buy that MS punch :)


    Oodles of hugs,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete