Thursday, November 13, 2014

Lake Mist Flower Tutorial for Inspirational #146

     Happy Thursday! This week Lynda's hosting at Red Rubber Inspirationals with Inspirational #146 ~ Stitch me up. Here's the example that I made using stamps from Red Rubber Designs.



     I was instantly inspired by this month's beautiful sketch #38 @ Scrap Africa! I was so happy to discover them last month, even though I was too late to enter their sketch challenge.



     Bo Bunny's (Trail Mix) paper was the perfect background to cut into squares, and goes so well with this photo of my son! I stamped Running Stitches around the squares and to create journaling lines.



     The title was stamped with the Alpha Grunge set onto some light blue cardstock. Then I inked the bottoms of the letters with a darker blue, and applied Stickles over them in two shades of blue (Waterfall and Distress Faded Jeans). I also used the Distress Faded Jeans Stickles over the flourish that I cut with my Cricut Expression (Home Decor cartridge), and over the dark blue flower that I made using my Seashell Cheesecloth Flower Tutorial



     The other flowers were made using the George and Basic Shapes cartridge for the Cricut Expression. For this example I made the flower on the right using kraft cardstock, cutting two flowers (using the shift lock button) each at 2", 1 1/2", and 1".



     Then I lightly misted some Glimmer Mists (Jack Frost and Slate) onto some wax paper, and dipped my flowers onto the mists. I scrunched them a little from the middle and opened them up, except for one of the smaller flowers, which I left closed for the center bud, opening just two of the petals. 



     The holes in the center make it easy to layer and glue starting with the larger flowers on the bottom and finishing with the center bud. The lighter blue flower was made with the same mists, but cut from white cardstock. 



     These flowers were really fun and easy to make! I hope you give them a try! 


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page, I love your handmade flowers!!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drea...so glad you found our blog and also that you were able to play along! I soooo love your page and the the styling and distressing is gorgeous! Such a happy photo too! Gorgeous page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of your layout....and those flowers are beautiful :-D Thank you for sharing your beautiful layout with us at Scrap Africa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning page! I love the circle photo & large title. Thanks for playing at scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous page and thanks so much for playing along at Scrap Africa. Love your interpretation of the sketch and the fresh, summery feel of your layout :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your papers are absolutely perfect for this gorgeous layout and so are those handmade flowers. Thank you for playing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great page! Thank you for playing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great LO! love this ombre effect on the background! thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap africa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page!!!
    The styling is cool!!! And the photo too!
    Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! love the way you cut the background paper and stamped the stitches. great take on the sketch and I love your flowers.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete