Thursday, January 16, 2014

Christmas Chalk Flower Tutorial for Fotobella DT

As much as I tried using Echo Park's Tis the Season Collection  all on it's own, I couldn't help but add their Reflections Christmas Collection. They're both so festive, and work beautifully together! Just perfect for all those holiday photos, like this one that I used of me and my son from 2012!


I did a lot of distressing on this page, and hand stitched the white blanket stitch. I stamped the black scallopy border, as well as the flower, which I'll be showing  you how to do.


Supplies:
~25 Days double sided paper by Echo Park (Tis the Season Collection)
~Be Jolly double sided paper by Echo Park (Tis the Season Collection)
~Echo Park (Tis the Season Collection) Brads
~Black cardstock
~White Ink
~Inkadinkado Stamping Gear Collection Intro Kit
~Glue
~Cricut Expression (Serenade Cartridge) or decorative scissors

Directions:
1.Using Echo Park's Be Jolly paper (the black side) stamp your image 6 times using white ink. I used Inkadinkado's Stamping Gear, but any type of flower stamp would work too. I really think that it's the white ink that makes this look like chalk, as well as the paper which looks like a chalkboard. 

2.Cut out your images and curl your petals up and out.

3.I cut out this scalloped circle from Echo Park's 25 Days double sided paper using my Cricut Expression (Serenade Cartridge flower #3) at 2 1/2",  and then inked the edges with white ink. You could also use decorative scissors to cut around a circle, or simply just use a circle. 


4.Now cut another circle out of black cardstock that's slightly larger than the first one, and glue it underneath. Then you can take your petals and glue them in the center.

5.Now use a brad to finish it off. I inked the scalloped circle that came with this brad to go with the bottom layers. 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. love all the different patterns a layers in this layout. I also love the way you tore and distressed all the edges. Your flower is so kewl. I thought it was a diecut at first.

    ReplyDelete