Friday, March 14, 2014

Spice Market Flower Tutorial ~ FotoBella DT

I absolutely LOVE the new Basic Grey Spice Market I want it all bundle from FotoBella!! It's so exotic and colorful, and packed FULL of papers and embellishments! After making a layout and this card it feels like I haven't even put a dent in it.


I started this card by cutting out the white (cumin) paper with some scallop decorative scissors and spritzing and splattering with some Glimmer Mists. I cut a 4" circle with my Cricut Expression from the red (paprika) paper and adhered the you make me smile sticker onto it. I cut a strip of black cardstock and punched it. To make it go around the circle I cut slits every 1/4" right up to the punching and glued it piece by piece behind the circle.

I made the flower out of a half sheet of the sea salt paper, some black soot Distress Ink, glue, scissors, and chipboard.

Directions:

1. Get out your sea salt paper and using a pencil and ruler, draw a straight line from the end of the red petal to the end of the black stem on both sides.

2.Cut and ink 5 petals using black soot Distress Ink.

3. Cut a small to medium circle from some scrap paper and mark the center with a pencil. Now curl up your petals and glue around the center slightly overlapping each petal as you go.

4. Repeat all the previous steps with the inner blue petals and glue them in between the larger petals.

5. Now just add a small piece of chipboard or even a brad or stud that comes in the bundle to finish it off.

Thanks for your visit!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the quick tutorial for that fun flower. Totally loving this bright and lively card. It just makes you feel good to look at it.

    ReplyDelete