Sunday, December 22, 2013

Winter White & Gold Flower Tutorial

Season's Greetings!! Somehow, in between wrapping presents, shopping, and everything else,  I managed to create this page that's very dear to my heart.

I was instantly inspired by this GORGEOUS sketch from Alda for Mojo Monday @ Flying Unicorn!

I started by using some old vintage sheet music, which I tore and then painted the edges gold. I masked the tree onto it using Glimmer Mists (Forest Green and Snowy Pine). Then I used gesso to make the dots, applying Diamond Dust to them while they were still wet. I finally used my new Martha Stewart snowflake and flourish border punch set, which I  made sparkle by spraying some Glimmer Mist (Dazzling Diamond) on it. I also punched the green pp and around the big doily for the Punch Fun Challenge @ Scrapbook.com, where we also had to use 2 or more photos and 2 or more lines of journaling. I made a scroll for my journaling and tied it with some gold ribbon.

Here's what it looks like when unrolled.

This is also my entry for the December 4 Categories Challenge @ Scrapbook.com for category 1, to use doilies. The small gold one was stamped and embossed. 
I got the gold flower awhile ago from Michael's, as well as the greenery and red berries. I made the white flowers and will be showing you how I made the larger one. 

Supplies:
Cricut (Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge), white cardstock, glue, gold paint, pearls or bling for the center, and Glimmer Mists (Iridescent Gold and Dazzling Diamonds).

Directions:
1. Using flower #7 on the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge for the Cricut, cut out 2 from white cardstock at 2 1/2".  Then cut one out at 2".

2.Use a dropper to splatter on some Glimmer Mist (Iridescent Gold).

3. Paint the edges gold. I did this very sloppy for a more distressed look. 


4.Now curl all of your petals up and over like shown in this photo.

5. Layer and glue your flowers together with your smallest one on top.

6.Now spray your whole flower with Dazzling Diamond Glimmer Mist for some extra shimmer. Then I used these Prima pearls for the center.


Here's the other one that I did using a white half pearl in the center, and surrounding it with smaller gold ones. But I really love the large antique pearl button on the left that I inherited from my Great Grandma Dale.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment