Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Flat to Fab Groovy Flower Tutorial using the BOAF July Kit

The  happy, bright colors, and the We R Memory Keepers "Feelin' Groovy" collection from  the July BOAF Kit, was my inspiration for these groovy flowers that I made for this page that I scrapped of my Mom and Son. I just LOVE this photo because you can really see the love and admiration that my Son has for his Grandma! They really do share such a special bond together!

I was originally going to make these flowers from cardstock, but then decided to make them from this flower paper that you can buy with the extra patterned papers.

I'll be demonstrating how I made the blue flower on the bottom. Start by cutting out the dark blue petals using a craft knife, being careful to stop at the white circle.

Then I switched to my scissors to cut around the outer light blue petals.

I used Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and a Q-Tip to go around the small dark blue petals.

For the outer light blue petals I used Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and my blending tool  to create more depth. You could always skip this part if you want, or maybe doodle on your petals, or add glitter to them.

I used my Q-tip again to curl the smaller dark blue petals shaping them up and over the Q-tip.

Then I shaped my outer light blue petals curling the petals up and inwards.

I love these clear, colorful, glittery buttons that come in the main  kit, and thought they were perfect for the centers!

To finish them off I knotted and trimmed  the Queen and Co.twine that also comes in the main kit onto my button.

Here's a closer look at the finished flower on my page. This was the first one that I made, and as you can see I didn't stop there. I also hand cut all the smaller flowers.

I stamped all of the black branches and the orange and green circle borders that I layered with this scallop sticker that you can buy with the extra embellishments. But hurry before they're all gone!
Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment