Monday, January 23, 2012

Vellum Flower Tutorial

Sorry I haven't posted anything all week. I hurt my back last week doing pilates, and really had to struggle to get this page done. It wasn't just the pain that I was struggling with either. I had a hard time with the color palette for C.S.I. color, stories, and inspiration Case File #2.  I originally started with grey cardstock and painted my bricks on that. It wasn't doing anything for my photo until I changed the cardstock to purple. Then it finally all came together. This was also based off of last weeks Mojo Monday sketch at Flying Unicorn. Here's what I did.
The evidence I used was flowers, which I made myself except for the large cranberry ones. For an architectural element I used bricks which I painted using a Prima stencil and a stippling brush using 3 different colors. The swirls were cut using my Cricut, Serenade and Home Decor cartridges. For a sheer element I made vellum flowers which are so easy to make. I inked the blue paper on the bottom to look like water.  For my testimony I chose to document an adventure.
To make the flowers I used my Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge and cut 3 lavender flowers #35 at 3/4", 1", and 1 1/4". I cut a cranberry flower #35 at 2".

Take the lavender flowers and curl the petals upwards. 

Take the large cranberry flower and glue it to vellum. I used a lavender vellum.

Then I just cut around the petals.

After curling the petals up I just layered and glued my flowers together starting with the largest on the bottom.

Then I added a rhinestone brad, but you could use a button,bead, pearl, or whatever else you'd like.

Try using different colors to match your LO or project. They're super easy and fast to make! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work! I love that brick wall and those awesome flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I'm loving all your flower tutorials! I was blessed with my first cricut for Christmas and my daughter has all the carts you use so wooo-hooo I'm off to make flowers! Thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing tutorial! TFS!!!!! This layout is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete