Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter Flower Tutorial

   I got real messy, and had a blast doing it, with this layout that I made for quite a few challenges!


   This is my take on the Monthly Sketch Challenge @ Scrapbook.com using this bonus sketch.


I used Easter and Eggs in my title for the Scrappy Friends April Word Challenge.


   This is also my entry for the Spruce up your Background Challenge @ Scrapbook.com. The wood paper is Base Coat by KaiserCraft  from FotoBella, and the rest is all cardstock that has been misted. And for category 2 of the Four Categories Challenge to use pastels, with the twist of using paints or mists. I did both, but mostly used Lindy's Sprays (Yellow Rose of Texas, Cotton Candy Pink, Bougainvillea Fuchsia, Delphinium Turquoise, Witch's Potion Purple,  and Violaceous Violet), after playing with my new stencils and some gesso for the April Color Challenge @ Lindy's Stamp Gang


   I loved using these sprays to make these flowers out of white cardstock for the April Challenge @ Berry71bleu, to make handmade flowers! I used my Cricut Expression to cut flower #9 with the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge. One at 2', 1 1/2", 1', and 3/4".


   The fun with these flowers is experimenting with different colored sprays and mists! For this tutorial I made the light pink and blue flower on the right. I started by spraying the flowers with Lindy's Cotton Candy Pink, and scrunched the petals from the centers while wet. I accidently got a little yellow on the large flower here from my hands, but it really doesn't matter with all of the colors that I've used. 



   While your flowers are still damp spray a little of another color onto a plastic grocery bag, and lightly swipe your flowers on top. I used Delphinium Turquoise here.


Then I just layered and glued it together starting with the largest flower on bottom. Here's the finished result.


   Have fun coming up with your own color combinations! Here's a close-up of some more of mine. Or try using one color like the blue one that I made on the bottom right using only Delphinium Turquoise.


Thanks for stopping by!



7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pastel colors and wonderful details! Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous Easter egg layout! Love the work with the flowers and all of the layers! Thanks for playing along in my Word challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheerful page! Amazing work! Thanks for playing with us at berry71bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blooms and an egg-celent page for Easter! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful flowers!! And I love all spring colors you have used! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete