Monday, August 6, 2012

Clock Tower Flower Tutorial

I found these awesome photos of the Munich Glockenspiel that my late Uncle Bob took while serving in the army many years ago. They worked great for the August Monochrome Challenge at Scrapbook.com to use Cloudless Sky.
I started off with this beautiful sketch by Maggi at Flying Unicorn.
Then I took out my Gesso, brick stencil, masks, inks, stamps, embossing powders, paints. thread, and needle, to come up with this. I was inspired by seeing clock hands on someone else's flowers awhile ago, but can't credit them because I can't remember who or what blog I was visiting at the time. I tucked it away for later, and came up with these flowers.

Supplies:
White Cardstock
Cricut (Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge)
Glue
Clock hand stamps
Embossing Powder
Bling for the center
Distress Inks (Weathered wood, Stormy Sky, and Pumice Stone)

Directions:
Using your Cricut (Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge) cut flower #10 out of white cardstock at 1", 1 1/2", 2", and 2 1/2".
Use your blending tool to color your flowers using stormy sky, weathered wood, and pumice stone.

Using a spray bottle full of water, mist your flowers and scrunch them up from the center. 

Open them, respray, and scrunch. While your flower is still damp, lightly go over it with your pumice stone ink pad.
To make the clock hands I used this stamp that I bought at Michaels, but I know there's lots of different clock stamps out there. I just embossed it to give it more strength, before cutting it out. 
Now just layer and glue your flower starting with the largest flower on the bottom. Glue your clock hands on and then add a bling in the middle.
I made these in grey too, just using pumice stone and black soot. Here's a close-up of the masking, stamping, and bricks. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your brick! Would you mind to explain to me how you did it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete