Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Woodland Snowflake Tutorial ~ Fotobella DT

I'm so excited to share my first tutorial for Fotobella using Bo bunny's Woodland Winter I want it all bundle! I'm just in LOVE with this collection of GORGEOUS papers and embellies, not to mention the colors!! Perfect with these snow pics of mine.

I started by using some Glimmer Mist (slate) and reninker (antique linen) on the background. Then I used a snowflake stamp. The distressed edges were covered with Gesso. Here's a closer look at the typed journaling, which was one of the ingredients for this month's 5 Ingredients + yours challenge @ Scrapbook.com. The other ingredients were to use the color navy, ribbon, something stamped, and 3 pictures.

To make the snowflakes start by gathering some twigs outside. Using the Woodland Blizzard paper fussy cut out some snowflakes. I decided on this one that I used on the top left of my LO. Then pick another paper and cut out a circle slightly larger than your snowflake. I used Woodland Winter Journal.  Now cover the edges with gesso and glue your snowflake onto it. 

Break your twigs into 6 equal pieces, and cover with Gesso.


Glue the twigs onto your snowflake, using the center design as your guide.

Now find some bling for the center. I used this pearl to mimic a snowball.

Then cut pieces from another snowflake and glue under the circle, in between the twigs. Here's the finished result.

You can get so many different looks just by combining different snowflakes, papers, and gems. Here's the other one that I made.

If you don't have Gesso you could always use white paint. Stickles or Smooch could also work to make your snowflakes sparkle. Just have fun with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment