Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sapphire Flower Tutorial

I can't believe it's already the last day of July! Summer sure is going fast! I finished this page just in time for quite a few challenges. I used 4 different punches for the Punch it up Challenge at Flying Unicorn. We had to use a vintage image, so I used this photo that I saved awhile ago online somewhere. It's the first in a series of vintage pics that I want to scrap.I'll get to the others some other day, when the mood strikes. I also did this for Scrap for help where we had to use a feather. Of  course I used a peacock feather. I'm also entering this into the July Monochrome Challenge at Scrapbook.com to use liberty blue, and the Sparkle and Bling Challenge at Funtoolas.
I made the frame by cutting out an oval shape from a gift box using my Cricut.Then I applied Liquid pearls around the frame, painting over the whole frame with gold glaze.

Here's a butterfly that I already had printed. I just stitched the gold antennaes. I'm pretty sure I got the image at Swirlydoos.
For the Punch it up Challenge we had have at least 5 handmade flowers, so I came up with these. It's actually an adaptation of some flowers I saw online, but have such a different look, that I wanted to share.

Supplies:
Circles cut out of blue cardstock using the Cricut
Glue
Glossy Accents
Glitter
Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire)
Bling for the centers

Directions:
To make the largest flower, cut out 5 circles with your Cricut at 1 1/2", 2", 3", 4", and 5".
Using a pencil divide your circles into 5 sections.
Use those lines as a guide to make your petals. Carefully tear in between the lines like this.
This gives a boxy look which I didn't like with my page, so I rounded all the ends of my petals.

Next ink all the edges of your flowers with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.
For the next step, you can either spray your flowers with water or Glimmer Mist. Then shape and curl all your petals up.
Now use Glossy Accents to cover the insides only of your flowers. Do one flower at a time, adding glitter before your glue dries.
Glue all your layers together, starting with the largest one on bottom. Finish it off with a blue rhinestone in the center.This flower was done using larger pieces of glitter, but I also made some smaller ones using a finer glitter. I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I used them both. What's your favorite?


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Great work! Love this blue flower!
    tks you viseted my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved!!
    Thanks for play with us in SFH!!
    BIG HUGES AND KISSES
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work lovely colors and a cool tutorial.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete