Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Technique Tuesday (Masking) at BOAF

Today I have a couple of masking techniques to share with you that I used making this 2 pager for Birds of A Feather. I used the April Kit  My mind's eye "Collectable" collection, except for the bottom blue paper, which is from Echo Park, also in the kit. This was based off of the 2 page sketch at Scapbook.com.
I started by using 2 sheets of my own beige cardstock for the background. Then I used the gears mask and sprayed it with Chalkboard Glimmer Mists (Cornflower and Valencia) which come in the extras.
Then I laid it on the bottom left side of my paper and pressed down.
Simply repeat spraying on your mask and laying it on your paper until you're satisfied. Here's what my left page looked like after masking.
Here's a close-up of the masking after my page was complete.
To make the birdhouse border on the top I started with a strip of cardstock 12" x 2 1/2". You don't want to use your thick cardstock for this. Then using my stylus I made lines every 2 inches, which just makes it easier to fold.
After folding my paper back and forth like an accordion, I drew this simple birdhouse, which you can copy, but feel free to do your own design or basic shape.
I cut around the house and used my 3/4" circle punch for the center. Now just open it and use as a mask.
 I used Chalkboard Glimmer mist (Cornflower) again.
Here's some close ups of the awesome wood veneers that come in the kit.
Here's my journaling.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a great technique.... need to use this one a page soon.

    ReplyDelete