Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

Hello! I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving! Here's a page I did for the November Lyrics Challenge at We had to use Disney lyrics. I chose to do Beauty and the Beast because I saw the musical when it first came out, and wanted to scrap my ticket and newspaper clippings of the costumes. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any of my stuff. I went on a throwing away purge a couple of years ago, after my last move, and possibly got rid of it on accident. So  without my stuff I did Beauty and the Beast anyway. I just love the movie, the musical, and all the songs that go with it!!
This was also suppose to be for the November Chippie Challenge, but I missed the deadline by a couple of days. I got this chippie frame from 3tailscraft.
First I painted it with one coat of Sunshine Yellow dabber paint by Ranger. Then I inked it with Scattered Straw Distress ink. Once dry I applied yellow stickles to it. Then I framed it with some glittery  blue felt centering the rose I made. I found this clip art image online.
I used this as a pattern to create my rose and glass case by using vellum.
I used a black sharpie to outline the shapes, and then cut and  glued them together. Then I cut a clear piece of transparency with stickles on it and glued it over the vellum.I used old sheet music behind the chippie.
I also used stickles to apply over the chandelier, which I cut using my Cricut (home decor cartridge).
The lyrics were printed onto gold vellum. TFL!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Hello! I feel like it's been awhile since I've posted here. As many of you probably already know Pages in Time closed down recently leaving me looking for a new design team position. I've been busy with DT entries that I can't post yet, and the upcoming holidays. I did manage to get this 2 pager done for the November 2 Page Sketch challenge at
Here is the Let's Scrap sketch 7/27/11.
Here's what I did.

I'm also using this as my example for the sewing challenge that I'm hosting at, and the Pumpkin Patch challenge at Flying Unicorn.I did machine stitching on the border, banner, and lines on the haystack which I made out of rafia.

The pumpkins and sign were cut using my Cricut machine (Cartridge October 31st). I hand cut the banner and distressed the edges backing my pieces with black cardstock. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Birthday cards

Here's a couple of birthday cards I made in September. I forgot to post them. I used stamps for both of them, still sticking with my resolution to use stamps more often. This one was for my sister.

And this one I made for my mom using the Martha Stewart stamp around the page stamps. I also stamped the title and made the flower. TFL!