Sunday, May 11, 2014

Herbs & Honey Jar of Flowers Tutorial ~ FotoBella DT

   Happy Mother's Day to all you Mother's out there!! I instantly thought of my own Mom when I first saw Basic Grey's Herbs & Honey I want it all bundle from FotoBella, so I made her this card with a jar full of flowers that she can keep forever.



   I started with the back of the radish paper that's full of flowers. 



Fussy cut however many flowers that you want to use. I made a few too many, but saved them for another project.



Quickly dip your flowers in water and curl your petals up. You can wait for them to dry or give them a blast with a heat gun. 



Take the jar that comes in the Diecuts and Transparencies and place it where you want on your project. Don't glue it down yet, but trace around it using a pencil. I used a mixture of Alcohol Inks (Stream and Lettuce) with Alcohol Blending Solution, which lightens the colors, on the back of the jar to create water.



Now add some stems with a pencil inside your drawn jar. I hand-stitched mine with green embroidery thread, but if sewing isn't your thing, you could always use a green marker.


Now attach your flowers to the stems, and glue your jar down over them using Glossy Accents, which will dry clear.



The Seeds of Love packet, which comes in the Printed Kraft Bags, is the perfect size to add some cash or a gift card! Perfect for any Mother! Thanks for looking and enjoy your day!






No comments:

Post a Comment