Thursday, March 15, 2012

Serenity Blooms Tutorial

  I just couldn't wait to get my hands on this new Serenity line from Bo Bunny! I knew they'd be perfect for these photos! It's been over two months since I've done a 2 pager, and it felt good to do one again. I started by cutting the lantern pp on the ends, and cut 1/2" strips in some places which I rolled and glued.I hand cut the red scallop paper and stamped the circle design along each scallop. I also stamped the flower centers and 3 of the lanterns. I used my twisted stitch to make the circle around the photo of me and my honey.
Here's a look at the journaling.
This is one of the lanterns that I stamped and cut out.

Here's a look at one of the flowers I'll be showing you how to make.
I made these in small, medium, and large. I'll be demonstrating  how to make the large red flower, but I'll give you the sizes for all of them.

Supplies:
Paper, Cricut (Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge), BoBunny Serenity Stamps, black ink, and black puffy paint.

First cut flower #7 using the Mother's Day Bouquet Cricut cartridge in whatever pp you're using. For the large flower cut one at 2 1/2" and one at 1 1/2". For the medium one I cut 2" and 1 1/4", and for the small flower I cut 1 1/2" and 1".
Then I used black distress ink on all the edges.
Now to curl your flowers. I dipped my bigger flower into water and used the end of a paintbrush to curl the petals down. For the smaller flower, curl your petals towards the center, and dry with a heat gun. 

The Serenity stamps have two small flowers which I used for my centers. The larger one I used for the large and medium flowers, and the smaller one I used on all the small flowers. Using the same paper you're making your flowers from, stamp the larger flower using black ink, and cut it out leaving a little of the paper around the edges.

 Without using water, I curled up the edges of the center.

Now just layer and glue all your flowers together starting with the largest on the bottom.
To finish it off I added a drop of black puffy paint in the middle.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers Andrea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back!! I have something for you over at my blog!!! Come see what it is!!!

    ReplyDelete