Thursday, June 23, 2011

PIT Sketch of the Week for June 23rd

Here's the new Thursday sketch at Pages in Time designed by Becky Neemann.
Here's my take.
I just love this photo of my sister-in-law, nephew, and niece. I doodled a serged stitch all over the scalloped border, around the squares, and some of the flowers. I did a zigzag stitch along the orange pp. Here's how I made the yellow flowers. First I cut out 3 flowers with my cricut (Serenade cartridge). I wanted to use a 5 petal flower. I cut out a 1 1/2", 2" and 2 1/1" flower.
Then I used a dark blue pen to outline the flowers in a squiggly line. 
After that just curl all your petals and stack on top of eachother with the largest flower on the bottom.
For the center I used a punch to cut out a 3/4" circle out of white cardstock. Then I used the same blue pen to make short lines all around the circle. Then I outlined the circle. Finally add a button, brad, or whatever you want for the center.



No comments:

Post a Comment