Friday, March 13, 2015

MME Hello World Masking Technique ~ FotoBella DT

     I have a quick and easy masking technique to show you, using the new My Mind's Eye Hello World I Want It All Bundle from FotoBella! I used some older vacation photos for this layout that I created.



     I started this page by pulling out some of the papers from the 12 x 12 Paper Bundle. I really struggled with the title, until I saw the Let's Go Adventure Journal Card. So I cut off Go and adhered Let's onto red cardstock. To spell EAT I used the Travel Stickers, matting them onto another journal card. Those Journal Cards sure came in handy, as I also used them under the phone booth pic, and for my journaling. You'll also need them to do this masking technique, along with some Distress Inks, and artist's tape.

   


     Find the yellow Journal Card with the chevrons and punch them out, putting a strip of Artist's Tape across the middle, covering the top of where the chevrons meet. Color in the bottom of the chevrons using a blending tool and Distress Ink (Faded Jeans). I added an extra chevron to my project by simply moving the stencil to the left, and matching up the pattern again.


  
     Take off your tape and cover up the bottom chevrons, using Distress Ink (Broken China) on top,



Here's the final result, which I think gives a lot more dimension, and so easy to do!




     Since the little double decker bus, that I got from the Travel Mixed Bag, was transparent, I used it on part of my chevrons. I also got the chipboard compass and London tag from there, crossing out the date on the tag, and adding my own. I added the camera from the Chipboard Elements, some Decorative Brads, and some Wood Veneer pieces, which I just LOVE!!




So pick up your bundle and try this quick and easy technique!




No comments:

Post a Comment