Saturday, May 6, 2017

NSD Recycled Copper Containers ~ FotoBella DT

     Happy National Scrapbook Day! This year, as part of the FotoBella Design Team, we decided to recycle, which is near and dear to my heart! So I had my supplies on my scrap table intending to cover a shoebox, when I went in the kitchen to get my coffee, and got this idea instead. As I was patiently (lol) waiting for my coffee, and staring at this espresso box, I figured it was just the right size to hold my brushes/pens, and other mixed media supplies, yet still big enough to showcase this old roll of embossed wallpaper that I've had. I'm so pleased with the results, and it was fairly quick and easy to make!



Supplies:

Coffee or K-kup containers
Embossed wallpaper (any kind of embossed paper will work)
Black Paint
Glue 
Krylon Matte Finish

Directions:

1. Cut lid from coffee box. These boxes are 1/2" apart in height, with the smallest one measuring 4 1/8" X 4 1/8", and the largest 4 1/8" X 5 1/8". 



   
2. Cut smaller side of lid, which will be the top of your divider, so your pens and brushes don't flop around, and for more stability. Run glue along bottom and sides, and adhere to the center of box.



3. Paint divider and inside of box with black paint. Cover outside of box with embossed paper, and paint black.



4. Now for the fun part! Use your fingers to apply Prima's Metallique Wax (Vintage Gold) all over the embossed paper, leaving spots of black in the background. Then go over it with Prima's Metallique Wax (Rich Copper), and seal with some clear matte spray. 



I hope you'll give this a try, using Prima's new Metallique Waxes from FotoBella! To see what the rest of the Design Team recycled, please visit the FotoBella Blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment