Saturday, February 15, 2014

Stitch N' Strip Tutorial ~ FotoBella DT

Have you ever wondered what to do with all those strips that you end up cutting off from the bottom of your papers? Well I came up with this design to show you using the Crazy for you I want it all bundle by We R Memory Keepers.

Originally I printed this photo of me and my husband in black and white, but I got glue on it and completely ruined it. Then I remembered that I had printed it in color as well, and once I saw it with the pp's and colors I ended up liking it even better. Don't you love when that happens?

I started this page using my Crop-a-dile II Big Bite to punch out all of the holes around the edges using a Q-tip to ink them with Distress Ink (picked raspberry). I masked the Lace Doily Prima Stencil with my Glimmer Mists (dark purple and festival) and added the metal flower in the center. I used my new Tim Holtz Stencil (fade dot)  along the right side using Distress Inks (seedless preserves and picked raspberry). I stamped and embossed the doily heart using Ranger Seafoam white embossing powder and popped it with some pop dots also from Ranger.

After adding the title, photos, and punching the purple strip, I distressed all of those end strips with the Tim Holtz paper distresser and glued them onto my page.

Then using a ruler as a guide, poke holes every 1/4" along your strips making sure to align your holes vertically with the other strips. Decide what direction you want your slashed lines to be, and then poke a hole 1/4" away from the last one on the bottom to create your slash.

Now for the fun part! Sew all of your strips together using whatever color or colors of embroidery floss that you want. I used 5 different purples and pinks to go with the sunset photo taken in San Luis Obispo, CA.

I made the flower that came in the bundle a little more dimensional by wetting and scrunching up the petals.

This is my entry for Kristi B.'s Title Challenge to use one or more of these words on your title.I used love.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are freakin' awesome. All the detail and work on this page is fabulous, I particularly like the holes around the edge and the way you sewed the strips together.

    ReplyDelete