Saturday, June 29, 2013

Jumping right into the July BOAF Kit

I've been so honored to be a Chick at BOAF and honestly think that the new July kit is the BEST one yet!! I don't think it's a secret that my favorite papers are by Bo Bunny and actually already bought this line ("Key Lime" collection)  before finding out that it would be part of this kit. So happy to have even more Bo Bunny I jumped right in and came up with this 2 pager based on the sketch and challenge at Scrapbook.com.

These photos were taken at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California while on vacation in 2010. I really LOVE these alpha stickers from We R memory keepers that I used for my title! The chipboard letters vary in shade, and with the added glitter, gives it even more dimension. I hope you can tell from the photo. If not you'll just have to buy the kit and see for yourself.

I decided to add  my own sparkle to the seaweed that I cut out with my Cricut (Life is a beach cartridge) by adding some Lime Stickles.  I masked some bubbles above the chipboard fish using a hole punch for the small circles, punched from plain masking sheets,and my Distress Inks (peacock feathers and faded jeans). Then  I stamped some texture over it, which is kinda subtle, and splashed some drops of water on top.

The flowers were just made for theses pages even though I made them a long time ago. Unfortunately I don't remember how or where I learned them from, other than inking and crinkling them from white cardstock. I'm so glad I saved them though! I finished it all off with some hand stitching in 3 different colors around all of the photos.

For this next page I also used a photo from the aquarium, this time of my husband. I used the June sketch from the Bo bunny blog and loved it so much I used it for another collection, which you'll see on my blog on July 1st.

I stamped the sun, adding the chipboard circle to the center, and gluing the fiber around it. Perfect title for this page!

I made a bright version of my Seashell Cheesecloth Flowers using the jewels from the kit for my centers instead of the shells. Here's a closer look at the large one behind the chipboard splash which you can buy with the extras.

I water distressed around the torn edges and used my sewing machine to stitch around them. I hand cut the journaling spot from the patterned paper that also comes in the extras.

I'm having so much fun with this kit and can't wait to show you what else I've come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment