Friday, April 11, 2014

Pop Quiz Report Card Holder ~ FotoBella DT

   Bo Bunny's Pop Quiz I want it all bundle is so perfect for all of your scrappy academic needs, from kindergarten all the way through college! I made this report card holder to store my son's report cards from this year. I can't believe he'll be graduating from elementary and starting middle school soon!



   I started this page with some misting and a houndstooth stencil. I used the stamp that comes in the ephemera package to stamp the black scroll on the corner of the photo. I cut all of the library card pockets out of paper and added the paper clip and buttons.


1. To make the report card holder cut the Study Hall striped paper at 6 1/2" x 5", and finish the edges with the Tim Holtz paper distresser.



2. Glue Study Hall paper onto the red library paper and cut around the edges with  decorative zigzag  scissors, inking them with Distress Ink (black soot).



3. Now take the black paper that comes in the ephemera package, which is just the right size, and trim about an 1 1/2" off of the ends. Use the paper distresser around the edges. Set aside until the next step.


4. Now take the striped piece and handstitch a line 1/4" away from the top edge, using black embroidery thread, and another line 1" away from the first one. 



5. Before you do anymore stitching, glue just the ends of the bottom and two sides onto the black distressed paper, making sure to leave the top open for the pocket. Now you can stitch a 1/4" from the edges on the sides and bottom.


6. Right under the second stitched line from the top I applied the ruler and pencil that comes in the layered chipboard. Under that I pulled some of the gingham ribbon that also comes in the ephemera package through the A+ button. I used the top progress report, that also comes in the layered chipboard, and backed it with the hall pass paper, using my zigzag scissors around the edges and inking them with black soot Distress Ink. I used a red Sharpie to write my son's name on it, and then finally put the report cards inside. 


You can get this awesome bundle or any of your other scrappy needs at FotoBella! Thanks for your visit!




1 comment:

  1. Drea, I think you are one of the most talented scrapbook artist I have ever met, even if it's only virtual and let me tell you I see some great scrapbookers working at a scrapbook store.

    I just love the idea of scraping the progress report with the pic.

    ReplyDelete