Saturday, September 1, 2012

Spongebob Monopoly

I have to admit that when I first saw the recipe for September's recipe at the Paper Mixing Bowl, I was a little intimidated because of the main ingredient: popcorn (yellow). I'm such a color person, but yellow is definately at the bottom of my list. It's a good thing my son is such a Spongebob fan! I ended up having a lot of fun with this 2 pager I created!
Here's a look at the recipe.


Utensils:
Game related items or pieces- I think I got that covered. I scanned the board and cards from the game.
Splatters-It's hard to tell, but I made the yellow paper by inking 2 different yellow distress inks onto white cardstock and then splattering it with water. I wanted it to look like a sponge.
Repetitive shapes-I used squares and rectangles.
Doodling-I doodled the black wavy border.
Yellow+neutral- I used black as an accent color.
Mimic a game board-I scanned each corner of the game board and printed it out on photo paper at 4x6. Some of the edges didn't print out so I trimmed them just a bit and backed it with black cardstock. It left a small square in the center of my board, so I added my husbands picture there, since he was the winner.

Directions:
I journaled about a game. Here's what it says along the bottom, since it's probably hard to tell in the photo.

We have many different editions of Monopoly, including the Spongebob one, which was a Christmas gift for Logan. No matter what version we're playing, Trey always wins, like he did here.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Your LO turned out great. I share your feeling of yellow being at the bottom. But you made yellow cute and look like fun. You kicked yellow' butt.

    ReplyDelete