Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Elephant Layout ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     My favorite animal is the elephant, so when I saw this month's mood board at Lindy's Stamp Gang, I knew immediately I was going to scrap this old photo, which doesn't look as old anymore since I fussy cut the background!



     I was also inspired by these vibrant colors, and of course my Red Rubber Design stamps!



     These older Tim Holtz (Lost and Found) papers were the perfect backdrop for the elephant and background, using this beautiful sketch from Scrap Africa.



     I used various stencils with gesso to create all of the splats on the background. Then I colored them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays and Magicals. To make the doily, I mixed my Magicals with some white gesso, and applied it with a stencil onto black cardstock. The colors are so vibrant that I didn't even need to go over them! To make the lighter green, I mixed Bling-y Blonde and Drop Dead Gorgeous Green from the Drop Dead Diva Set. Then I used the For Everything stamp on the floral paper and background.




     The flowers were made from white cardstock using my Wild Fire Flower Tutorial, but colored with Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays and Magicals, instead of Distress Inks.




     Then I stamped Bold Flourishes under the flowers with black ink, and colored them again with LSG Sprays and Magicals.


Thanks for stopping by! 

*******************************************

For Everything






Bling-y Blonde
Drop Dead Gorgeous Green

Tears on My Pillow Tangerine



1 comment:

  1. Such a great photo you used for your beautiful layout!! Thank you for joining us for the Lindy's Stamp Gang Challenge this month!!

    ReplyDelete