Thursday, March 17, 2016

Lucky 2 Have U Card ~ FotoBella DT

     Happy St. Patrick's Day! Sixteen years ago today my cousin dragged me out with him, and brought me and my husband together, so this Irish holiday really holds a special place in my heart! Of course I had to make him a card, and with all of the greens in Bo Bunny's new Secret Garden Ephemera  it was easy to do.



     I tore a piece of the book page from the Ephemera with the green definition, and colored it with Distress Inks (Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron). Then I layered it over the papers that also come in the Ephemera, adding gold embossing powder to the edges, as well as the shamrock that I cut from green cardstock. I added Green Stickles to the shamrock and outlined it with black hand-stitching. For the sentiment I used Tim Holtz' Cargo Alphabet Stencil, masking LUCKY with Jet Black Archival Ink and Golden Rod Stickles. The rest was masked with Memento Cottage Ivy and Bo Bunny's Wasabi Glitter Paste. Then I finished it up with the gold sheer ribbon from my own stash, and the striped button from the Ephemera, that you can get @ FotoBella!



Thanks for looking, and have a wonderful and safe St. Patrick's Day! 

***************************************************
Challenges:




3 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great card for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card and wonderful memory. Love the design. Thank you for joining our "Go Green" challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete