Thursday, April 20, 2017

"The Magic of Three" ~ A Vintage Journey Guest Designer

     I'm so honored and thrilled to be invited as a Guest Designer for "A Vintage Journey", for having a Pinworthy Mention in the January Going Round in Circles Challenge! There's always so much inspiration to find. I know I was inspired when I learned the theme was "The Magic of Three", because for me that represents my wonderful, little family. So I took out my new smaller art journal, Dylusions Paints, stencils, and some stamps to create this page.


   
     My son shares my love for color, so I had him pick three colors from my Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Paints, and he chose Polished Jade (which I KNEW he'd pick), Squeezed Orange, and Crushed Grape, found at FotoBella.com.  Keeping the Magic of Three in mind, I applied the paints in three different areas of my page with my Mini Round Blending Tool, smudging a little of Melted Chocolate paint in the center, and through Ranger's Woodgrain Stencil, counting it as a neutral. Wanting to use three stencils, I added TCW Harlequin and Prima Marketing's Salvage District Clocks Stencils to mask the purple numbers. The big 3 on top was done with my old Ranger Alphabet Mask, and all of the black stamping done with Prima Finnabair's Rust and Dust stamp.




     From that set, I stamped three large butterflies and three small ones, using the stamp three times before re-inking, to create a faded look, and give the illusion of movement. Then I used an old Tim Holtz stamp with Polished Jade paint to stamp the dots. The final Magic of Three was adding these purple flowers from Walmart that I had completely forgotten about with three petals in the center. They were also the only purple ones in the bunch, so it was meant to be!


     
Thanks for your visit!


3 comments:

  1. Your son clearly has great taste in colour Drea, they looks stunning together on the beautiful background you created! The purple flowers are such a wonderful addition too. It is lovely to have you guesting with us at A Vintage Journey too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son has great taste, just like mom! What vibrant and gorgeous colors and the flowers really bring it all to life. Congrats on your feature - amazing inspiration! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful colour combination! Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete