Sunday, October 22, 2017

Beautiful Berries ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Hello, and welcome to my blog! With some mixed media and stamps from Red Rubber Designs, I created this tag and layout, and used up a lot of my old embellishments and stickers in the process.



     The design was inspired by this fabulous sketch at Stucksketches.



     The color combo came from the October Color Challenge at Lindy's Stamp Gang.



     I started the background by stamping the grid from the Vintage Background Stamp with permanent black ink. Then I covered it with white gesso, and colored it with Lindy's Sprays (Cathedral Pines Green , Sea Mint Green, and Hag's Wart Orange)and Magicals (Drop Dead Gorgeous Green and Tears on my Pillow Tangerine). To mimic berries, I stamped the dots with the Build-A-Background Stamp using Abandoned Coral Distress Ink.



     Along the right I placed some green cardstock with some more of the Lindy's green sprays, adding gesso to the lattice stencil. The flowers and leaves were stamped onto white cardstock with the Dotty Flowers Stamp, using Abandoned Coral, Ripe Persimmon, and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. Then I used up some old product with the Enamel Dots and the scallop border.



     After coating an old kraft tag with white gesso, I added a strip of gingham stamped with Abandoned Coral and Ripe Persimmon Distress Inks using the Gingham Background Stamp. Then I hand-stitched the top, and placed the photo below it, framed with some fibers.



           Because the round alpha stickers yellowed with age, I stuck them onto white cardstock colored with the same LSG Sprays and Magicals that I used on the background, and cut around them.


   
     Such a fun page to make! Thanks for looking!

******************************************


Challenges:






9 comments:

  1. Lovely layout! so colorful and vivid.
    Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous take on the sketch, I love all the photos and what a great background too.. thanks for joining in with Stuck?! Sketches !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great background work! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page and gorgeous colors. Thank you for joining us at stuck sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing mixed media background! Nice work indeed! Thanks for joining us at Stuck Sketches! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!! Gorgeous background! I love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being the lucky winner at Stuck?! Sketches! I love all your colourful mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great page! I love how you incorporated the tag and amazing photos. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful layout,such a fabulous attention to detail and so much to look at. Thank you for joining our challenge over at Stamps and Stencils Toni x

    ReplyDelete