Sunday, August 19, 2018

Stamperia Poppies ~ FotoBella DT

     Hello and welcome back! I made another page in my art journal to showcase the Stamperia Poppies Stamp from FotoBella.com.




     The night sky was done with some water and Dylusion's Paints, (Vibrant Turquoise, White Linen, and Black Marble) applied with my fingers. Then I used White Linen again to splatter the stars with a stencil brush.

     After embossing the Poppies onto white cardstock, I painted them with several layers of watered down Postbox Red, Tangerine Dream, Lemon Zest, and Polished Jade Dylusion's Paints, waiting for each layer to dry, before applying the next. Once they were completely dry, I used an X-Acto Knife and scissors to cut them out, and gave them a light coat of Wink of Stella (Clear).




     Before adhering the poppies though, I used the top right side of the Stamperia Wonderland to the top right side of my page, with white gesso. Then I went over it with Prima Marketing Metallique Wax (Vintage Gold) using my fingers. 

     The quote was done in Photoshop, and colored with Distress Inks (Hickory Smoke, Broken China, and Cracked Pistachio). 




     Finally, I stamped the Stamperia Grassland Stamp along the bottom with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink. 



      Thanks for your visit, and shop FotoBella.com for these supplies and more!

****************************
Challenges Entered:

Mixed Media Place ~ (I was inspired by the flowers and night sky) 








  

5 comments:

  1. A lovely page. Gorgeous poppies and super flourish stencil.
    Thank you for joining in with our August challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful journal page! Those poppies look amazing against that night sky background! Those are some great stamps! I'm thrilled you entered this into our Back to Nature challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovley and inspiring!
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete