Thursday, November 8, 2018

Dream the Future ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Happy Thursday! I've been playing in my art journal again, to create this page featuring the Dream, Beautiful Butterflies, and My Sunshine Rubber Stamps from Red Rubber Designs!



     I started by adding lots of texture to the background, beginning with a piece of cheesecloth adhered with Prima Marketing Soft Matte Gel. Then I added strips of lace and trims, a couple of small keys, and some pieces of Tim Holtz Chains, and covered it all with Prima Marketing White Gesso. Once it dried, I colored it with a few Lindy's Sprays (Tiffany Lou Blue, Delphinium Turquoise, and Afternoon Delight Denim). Then I used my Stamperia (Steampunk Mechanism) Stencil with Prima Marketing Patina Effect Paste, applying the blue and brass with a stipple brush, to create the gears and bigger keys. The diamond/stars were done with the Bo Bunny Stickable (Oh My Stars) Stencil.
   


     Additional texture was added to the background, chains, and cardboard with Prima Rust Pastes (Brown and Red).



     The main image and "Dream" was stamped with the Dream Cling Mounted Stamp using Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink, and embossed with LG Midnight Pewter EP onto white cardstock, colored with Lindy's Sprays (Tiffany Lou Blue and Delphinium Turquoise).



     I used chipboard for the rest of the title, embossing it with LG Hyacinth Blue Jade EP.



     Then I went over the letters with Patina Effect Pastes.



     All of the flowers and leaves were stamped with the My Sunshine Stamp, and the butterflies with the Beautiful Butterflies Stamp, all embossed with LG Midnight Pewter EP onto white cardstock, colored with LG Sprays (Pineapple Paradise, Hag's Wart Orange, Cajun Carneliun Red, Steampunk Sepia, and Ponderosa Pines Olive) and one Magical (Rowdy Rizzo Red from the Go Greased Lightnin' Set).



************************************


Challenges Entered:




Magicals: Rowdy Rizzo Red from the Go Greased Lightnin' Set


More Than Words ~ November Future and Stars ( I used Future in my title, and the stars were done with Prima Brass Paste using the Bo Bunny Stickable Oh My Stars Stencil. They're not the typical star, so I hope it counts).

Art Journal Journey ~ Vintage or Modern (I tried combining both by using some old trims and laces combined with my newest purchase of the gears and chains, and creating old rust with colorful butterflies and flowers/leaves.)

10 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous vivid page !! Thank you for joining us at More Than Words <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful vibrant page - I love all about it! Thank you very much for joining us over at Art Journal Journey!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page and gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bold yellow flowers (and butterfly) and those gorgeous rusty pieces really contrast but boy do they make your journal page. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at AJJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely details, thank you for joining the Lindy's Gang challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh love the colors on this page and the stamping. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous page, love all the different elements, and the flowers really pop. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tha´s a so so so gorgeous Art journal page Drea !! It´s just amazing, love every detail and the colours are so beautiful, as well a s the flowers and the sweet butterflies !! Great !
    i wish you a very nice Sunday, Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page! Love the colors! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty composition! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete