Sunday, February 9, 2020

Winter Moon Tag

     Did you know that today is the Super Snow Moon? It will create a full moon that appears slightly larger than average, that I'm looking forward to seeing tonight. So I'm honoring the occasion with this tag! 


  

     I took inspiration from the February Mood Board at Art Daily Cafe.




     With the theme being Haiga-Visual Poetry, a Japanese tradition, typically painted by haiku poets, and often accompanied by a haiku poem, I felt a little out of my element. I remember struggling with haiku's back in school, and honestly still do. So I found one instead that I printed by hand with black and white pens. 



     To start with, I stamped clear Finnabair stamps (Old Receipt, Solar and Lunar, and Gothic Book) along the whole tag with Archival (Jet Black) Ink, and covered it all with white tissue paper using Prima Marketing Soft Matte Gel. Then I used a palette knife to go over parts of it with white gesso, and used black gesso along the edges, embossed with Emerald Creek (Onyx Frost) Embossing Powder. The trees were masked with Lindy's Gang (Blazing Black) Spray, and once dry, splattered with (Sidewalk Chalk) Spray.



     The bird was a last minute decision stamped with the Finnabair (Old Receipt) Stamp, and embossed with Emerald Creek (Onyx Frost) Embossing Powder. To emboss the snowy sprig on the bottom left, I used Emerald Creek Rock Candy (Marshmallow) Embossing Powder.



     An old stamp was embossed along the top, again with Emerald Creek (Onyx Frost) EP, and was the perfect spot for my moon, made from paper clay using the Finnabair (Stars and Moon) Mould.  It was painted with Art Alchemy Metallique Paints (White Pearl) and (Silver Moon), and the circle behind it with Distress Spray Stain (Candied Apple), also used for a couple of the journaling strips.



     Because I couldn't decide between the white and red fibers, I just added both! 


Thanks for looking, and don't forget to check out tonight's Super Snow Moon! 

**************************
Challenges Entered:







3 comments:

  1. Fantastic tag, very special for me, too as I am a moon lover. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. VEry cool bg! I have read your steps a couple of times and wish I could do somethng like this. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous tag. Fabulous textures, details and colourway.
    Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete