Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The Great Indoors

     I've never had such a serious need to paint like I have in the last couple of weeks. Color is my happy place, and I hope you all can find yours, and stay safe and healthy! This art journal spread has helped calm me, made with Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Paints and Stamps. 


  

     I just love the mushroom houses, stamped with the Dylusions (Down in the Woods) Stamp!




     I've also used the Dylusions (Glorious Blooms) Stamp, and Ranger Archival (Jet Black) Ink for all of the stamping, with the exception of the sun. The upside down flowers represent the Coronavirus. 




     The sun was done with an older stamp block, and I just extended the rays with Dylusions (Lemon Zest) paint.




     I had to go through some old alpha stickers to come up with, what I think is the perfect title, and so fitting right now. 




      The specific Dylusions Paints I used throughout this spread are (Black Marble, Slate Grey, Postbox Red, Bubble Gum Pink, Peony Blush, Tangerine Dream, Squeezed Orange, and Lemon Zest).




     I also used Dylusions Paint Pens (Black Marble and White Linen) to make the stems on the flowers, and for the white blades of grass.




     Thanks for looking, and sending out positive and healing vibes to you all!


************************
Challenges Entered:






Mix It Up Challenge ~ #35 Anything Goes + Smooshing (I smooshed the background)




12 comments:

  1. Who would have thought that Try It On Tuesday's theme would be so up-to-date? You have made a perfect interpretation of the situation in the world today, fantastic! / Birgit Guestdesiner at Try It On Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art, Drea. This made me smile with delight! Love the use of colour and the gorgeous, quirky shroom houses. I love Dylusions paints and do have some of Dy's stamps. It's a fab representation of what's happening right now...so pleased you find comfort in your art. It's a great mindfulness tool, isn't it? Sometimes I'm sure playing with colour helps me breathe, lol.
    So pleased you linked to Try it on Tuesday.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sentiment - perfect for right now! Wonderfully colourful pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How enchanting, captivating and gorgeous! These pages are nothing short of stunning!

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely wonderful spread! I feel cheered and inspired dear Drea! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design and so full of colour, also very appropriate for the current world situation Drea

    Thank you for joining our 'Anything But A Card' challenge at MAWTT

    Good luck with your entry and stay safe

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what beautiful pages! I love the happy colours that you used and the houses and flower stamps look amazing 😁. Thanks for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday and for joining us at Creative Artiste too! Take care and sending happy wishes your way! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful page, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've sure made the great indoors into such a happy place. This is fabulous.. Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous spread Drea! So happy and colorful!! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stellar! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Mix It Up Challenge Blog's March Anything Goes + Smooshing challenge! We hope you visit us often!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, MIUCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete