Monday, May 4, 2020

Color OUTSIDE the Lines ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Hello! Hoping to bring cheer and happiness to you all with my new art journal spread, featuring stamps from Red Rubber Designs and some of the new Dylusions Paints


     
     I started by randomly stamping the larger checkers with the Designer Diamonds Unmounted Rubber Stamp using (Jet Black) Archival Ink, and the smaller ones with the Background Blocks Stamp.  Then I stamped the text with the Well Defined Backgrounds Stamp onto torn strips of white tissue paper, adhered with clear gesso. 




      The first layer of painting was done by spritzing my pages with water before adding paint, which created more of a wash instead of the drips I was visualizing. So I tried it again but with more water added to my paints and none to my pages, which helped the drips to fall. Because I wanted to use the colors of the rainbow, and the new Dylusions Paints are so bright and vivid, I started on the left with Pink Flamingo, followed by Tropical Sangria, Mango Punch, Lemon Drop, Sour Appletini, Blue Hawaiian, Blue Lagoon, and added the original (Crushed Grape) to the end since the new set doesn't include purple. I also splattered each color along the bottom. 



     "Color" was masked with an old Tim Holtz Alpha Mask using a Mini Blending Tool with (Black Marble) Dylusions Paint. Then I purposely drew outside of the lines with the (White Linen) Dylusions Paint Pen, doing the same thing with the drips but with the (Black Marble) Paint Pen. 
     


     The rest of the titlework was stamped with the Distressed Typewriter Bet Stamp (no longer available) using (Jet Black) Archival Ink, with highlights done with the (White Linen) Dylusions Paint Pen. 



     Thanks for looking, and whatever your situation, try to stay positive! 

     *************************


Challenges Entered:




The Artistic Stamper ~ May Journaling (Used art journal and background text)


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful all !
    Have a nice day, hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. I made a similar page a few years ago, though not using the same materials, and it's still one of my favourites. There's something so appealing about dripping colour ;-)
    Stay safe!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh... you have used my favourite colours, neon!!... everything I do now seems to have some neon in it, it lifts the whole page. Beautiful work, thank you so much for joining in the artistic stamper challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on this wonderful art journal spread. Thanks for sharing with us at MIx It Up!

    ReplyDelete