Monday, December 28, 2020

2020 Christmas Tree Card

      Hello! I hope you had a wonderful holiday! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get as many Christmas cards done this year as I would've liked, but did manage to duplicate this one a few times. 


     The background started with some Lindy's Gang Sprays and Magicals to create a light golden shimmer, which is hard to see in the photos. Then I used a stamp with Distress Inks (Aged Mahogany and Barn Door), and spritzed it with water before stamping for a more vintage look. 

     To make the tree, I applied a heavy layer of white gesso to the Tree's Stencil from Creative Embellishments, using a palette knife to create texture. Once dry, I reapplied the stencil and used a stencil brush with Art Alchemy Metallique Paints (Green Olive and Dark Forest). Then I highlighted all of that texture with Finnabair Wax (Vintage Gold), along with the card edges. 



     Red and gold sequins made the perfect ornaments, and the star was embossed onto black cardstock with Ranger (Gold Tinsel) Embossing Powder. 



     The same embossing powder was also used for the sentiment, stamped onto red cardstock, and backed with a strip of ribbon. 



     Thanks for looking, and have a Happy New Year!

*********************************
Challenges Entered:







7 comments:

  1. A beautifully sparkly Christmas tree, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Sparkle and Shine' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool tree and lovely card. I didn't get as many as I needed to do either! There is always next year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty tree and texture. So glad you shared over at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the texture on your pretty tree! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

  6. I love how you used the stencil to get all that texture! Great card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete