Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

   Happy Father's Day! I just got back from a nice barbecue at the lake with my dad. Unfortunately, the weather was chilly, but dad loved this page I made for him. He's the baby with his father, grandfather, and great grandfather. I used a texture medium to apply the buttons, all from my great grandmother's stash. Then I applied silver glimmer mist over the buttons and masked clock. The pocket watch started as an alarm clock I received from 3tailscraft.
 Here's what I started with. I didn't think to take a photo until AFTER I cut off my pieces, so I put it back together to show you.
 First I applied a light coat of silver paint over the entire chippie using a Ranger dabber in silver.
Then I used black soot distress ink over the whole chippie rubbing lightly with a napkin. 
I diluted a little bit of white paint with water to paint the face of the clock. I used about 4 coats. Then I redid the steps above painting another coat of silver and using the distress ink on top.
       Here's the tricky and time consuming part. I used black paint to paint the numbers. I wanted to use a black sharpie, but knew it would bleed after applying glossy accents. So I HAD to paint the numbers by hand.
Finally I applied Glossy Accents over the face. After it dried I glued on the hands and added the silver brad. I added the chain which I toned down with black soot reinker. 

1 comment:

  1. Monochromatic, magnificent, masculine, ' mazing, mmmmmmm-good

    ReplyDelete