Thursday, May 22, 2014

Inspirational #121 ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

    Today's new challenge @ Red Rubber Inspirationals is More Precious than Pearls, with Inspirational #121. I made this card for my husband, and used pearls on the flower centers and Liquid Pearls to make the heart.

 

This beautiful sketch #99 from Cardabilities was just the inspiration I was looking for!



    I started by stamping Well Defined Backgrounds onto white tissue paper,and applied it with gesso onto grey cardstock. Then I spritzed it with Pewter Sheer Shimmer Spray. I used Punctuation to stamp the red border using VersaMagic Red Magic Ink. I also used So Splattered, I Heart You, and Pressed Flowers. The sentiment was stamped using A Thousand Thanks, using the dimensional banner technique for the May Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com. Finally I stamped the flowers with Medallions. Here's a closer look!


Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Drea, I'm so glad our sketch inspired you to create this beautiful card. I love the techniques you used to create the background... The textures and patterns look amazing. And the color palette is spot on. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

    Graciellie
    Cardabilities DT
    gracielliedesign . blogspot . com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love the colors :)
    Thanks for playing along with Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you did with that sketch is genius. I love the way you included the pearls in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete