Saturday, March 16, 2013

March Kit Reveal ~ Birds Of A Feather

   It was SO exciting receiving my first kit from Birds of a Feather! What better way to express that, than with this layout I created using the Little Yellow Bicycle "Just Because" Collection.
   I used Distress Inks around the border with my blending tool, and added some splashes of water along the edges.Then I stamped the banner using a stamp of an upside down party hat. I LOVE the banner on top which comes in the canvas stickers with extra embellishment 1,along with the blue chipboard frame! I mimicked the stitching on the paper with real machine stitching in red along the left.
   I also stamped the cupcake.

   For this next page I used Teresa Collins "Stationary Noted" Collection using this photo of my parents from last 4th of July. The grey cardstock with the punching was part of my own stash, and I added silver embossing powder to the edges.
   These little birds from Maya Road are so cute! I used the dark grey cardstock that comes with the extra cardstock to make the branch which I cut with my Cricut "Home Decor" cartridge.
   All of the patterned papers on here came with the extra Patterned Papers.I applied Gesso and Silver Glimmer Mist to the "Poppies" paper from Teresa Collins. I loved the back so much, which is I why I did some heavy water distressing, so you could see it! The silver heart comes with the chipboard  with extra embellishment 1.
   I also added some lacing and beads. The red flowers were my own,  but I added some of the different brads that come with the kit to them.
   Thanks so much for taking a peek!
Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment