Saturday, September 28, 2013

4th Grade

Even though my baby is a big 6th grader now, I still have lots of his old school pics to scrap, which I did with this page of his first day of 4th grade.

I was inspired by this awesome sketch, used for the September Sketch Challenge @ Scrapbook.com. I love it so much, I'm sure I'll use it again!

I started by dripping some Distress re-inkers down my page, in black soot and shabby shutters. I used a lot of old stuff on here, recycling some black mesh that probably came from some fruit, the notebook paper, which also got inked, and a soda can tab, which was the challenge at Scrap for help. I attached the soda tab to my large tag, and then tied fibers through it. Even the stickers, fibers, pp's, and especially the apple brads are very old supplies, making it all the more fun to play around and get messy with. After my drips dried, I stamped the brick pattern randomly around the page.

Here's a closer look at the mesh and rulers.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Have a GREAT weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment