Sunday, July 17, 2016

Dream Layout ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Instead of a photo, I decided to feature the Dream Cling Mounted Stamp from Red Rubber Designs, on this layout that's mostly colored with LSG Magicals.



     The main image was stamped with black permanent ink onto watercolor paper colored with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals (Drop Dead Gorgeous Green, Sassy Sapphire, and Prima Donna Purple). I used every stamp in the set, fading some of the flower stamps into the background. Then I applied Mermaid Stickles to the darker stamping, and Purple Stickles to the purple cardstock underneath.



     For even more shimmer and sparkle, I machine stitched around the image using metallic specialty threads in purple and teal.



     I used the same Magicals to color an old piece of lace, and glued it to black cardstock that I punched and added Black Diamond Stickles to.



     Except for the purple roses, I also used the same Magicals to color the flowers, including some Petaloo DIY ones, and added some buttons in between.



     Then I used purple, black, and green sheer ribbons across the bottom half of my page, to let the lace show through. The background is a teal cardstock that I applied Turquoise Stickles to, and is much more vibrant and teal than the photos show.



     Thanks so much for looking!

******************************

Challenges:

Stamps and Stencils ~ Tic Tac Toe I went diagonal with Lace, Circles, and Image, using buttons for my circles.








6 comments:

  1. This is so very lovely! What a gorgeous palette and beautiful image! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What dreamy colors! I love your magical mixed media piece! It's so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamps and Stencils! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and Bright and beautiful! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drea this is simply gorgeous! I love the colours and those beautiful flowers! I'm sorry I haven't managed to get those hearts to you yet. Can you email me at
    toniajao99@btinternet.com and I'll arrange to get them off to you ASAP . Thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project and how well you have incorporated your 3 elements, fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the colors and all the metallics you incorporated into this project. At first glance, I thought the black die-cut cardstock layer was another layer of lace; it complements your lace layer so well!
    Thanks for joining Eclectic Ellapu’s July challenge!

    -DT NieNie

    ReplyDelete