Saturday, July 30, 2016

Kisses Layout ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     I finally got a wedding page done for my sister and brother-in-law using mixed media and some stamps from Red Rubber Designs!



     My design inspiration came from this beautiful sketch from Scrap Africa!



     I started by coating a layer of  Prima Clear Gesso onto watercolor paper, attached some white tissue paper to it, and sealed it with another coat. Once dry, I used some Lindy Stamp Gang Sprays onto the background (Brushed Nickel, Black Orchid Silver, and Cathedral Pines Green), waited for it to dry again, and then stamped black script over it with the Beauty of a Woman Background Unmounted Stamp.  For the title I used the Sweet Sayings Unmounted Stamp with red ink to make it stand out.



     All of the other stamping was embossed onto clear, red, and green vellum papers using Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder (Queen Sheba's Silver), and the Celtic Images Cling Mounted Stamp, for my Irish brother-in-law. Then I used a small watercolor brush to color in the designs with Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray (Black Orchid Silver).



     The lattice work was done with white gesso and TCW Butterfly Collage Stencil. Once dry, I used the stencil again to apply some Inka-Gold (Platinum) with my finger. Then I layered three different sheer ribbons, and attached some white fibers and strands of pearls across the page.



     All of the red flowers are Petaloo's Textured Red Blossoms.



     The small white flowers I've had for a long time, and just added some pearls to the centers. The large white one is from Prima's Holiday Jubilee. Then I scattered some buttons around, stitched in white, to go with the hand-stitching I did in between the photos.


Thanks for looking!

***********************************

Challenges:




7 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful wedding scrapbook page. Love all the texture and detail. Thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on our challenge!
    Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great take on the sketch Drea. Beautiful flowers and lovely wedding photos! Thank you for joining Scrap Africa July challenge and hope to see you again this month Drea. Have a happy great scrappy crafty moments always!
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    Scrap Africa Design Team
    Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure romance! Lovely colours! Thank you for getting inspired with Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous and romantic page! Love the blooms and colouring! ;-) Gorgeous photos too! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is fabulous! Love the beautiful embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete