Monday, April 15, 2019

Feeling Sketchy Guest Designer

     I'm so honored to be guest designing for Feeling Sketchy this week, and was given this beautiful digital stamp (Sea Sunrise) from their sponsor FabrikaFantasy.com, to use on my card!




     The beach theme worked great with Sketch #215!  





     I wanted to add lots of texture, so I applied some clear gesso to the water before painting it with Lindy's Gang Sprays (Delphinium Turquoise, Tibetan Poppy Teal, Buccaneer Bay Blue,) a new Squirt (Banff Blue), and Magical (Bling-y Blonde). After it dried, I lightly went over it with white gesso. The sunset was painted with Lindy's Magicals (Bling-y Blonde, Hi Maintenance Magenta, and Tears on my Pillow Tangerine), Spray (Tiffany Blue) and a Magical Shaker (Grab a Guy Gold), used on the sun rays. 


     The girl's hair was colored with Glimmer Mist (Just Brown), and because I'm a California girl, I gave her highlights with some specialty thread topped with some pearls. Then I painted her skin with a few coats of Lindy's Sprays mixed together (Cafe au Lait, Mission Bells Brown, Cosmopolitan Pink, and Fuzzy Navel Peach). I left her dress white, and covered it with some cheesecloth, adding beads to her bracelets, and a tiny rhinestone on her hand. 




     The sand was painted with Lindy's Gang Spray (Cafe au Lait and Treasure Island Aqua), and given further texture with actual sand.  Then I layered my image over a piece of cardstock covered with lace and cheesecloth, adhered with Prima Marketing Soft Matte Gel, and lightly coated with white gesso. I finished it up with some pearls that I strung together, and some shells. 



Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous beach scene and fabulous colouring beautiful image and great texture.Thank you for joining us at A Inky Mess
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete