Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Simple Stories (Simple Vintage Traveler) Art Journal ~ FotoBella DT

     Now that it's Spring Break, it's the perfect time for travel, or to just play with the Simple Stories (Simple Vintage Traveler) Collection from FotoBella.com, like I did with my latest art journal page. 



     After priming my page with Prima Marketing Gesso (White), I painted it with a coat of Art Alchemy Sparks Paint (Mermaid Sparkle), followed by Art Alchemy Sparks Paint (Magical Pond), and another coat of (Mermaid Sparkle), for a beautiful water color and sheen. 



     The vintage map pieces were torn from the same paper in the 12 X 12 Collection Kit and the 6 X 8 Pad.  Then I distressed the edges with water and Distress Inks (Old Paper, Frayed Burlap, Bundled Sage, and Tattered Rose). After adding strips of Washi Tape, I made the clouds with a palette knife, using Prima Marketing Gesso (White) 



      To show my love of flying and being in the air, I added the planes and hot air balloons from the Collage Bits & Pieces, Bits & Pieces, and 6 X 12 Chipboard.



     I barely put a dent in my dies, and with so many to chose from, "The Sky's the Limit" on what you can create with the Simple Stories (Simple Vintage Traveler) Collection from FotoBella.com!



Thanks for stopping by!

******************************
Challenges Entered:




4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful technique with the overlapping torned papers! Gorgeous! So happy to see you at AJJ ! Much appreciated! Happy rest of the week!
    Hughs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a so Gorgeous Art journal page Drea !! Absolutelly wonderful, I love the layers, the colours and the so beautiful embellishments. Great !
    I wish you a very nice Thursday,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is unbelievably beautiful, Drea. I was really impressed with the way you matched the background to the torn map. It's simply stunning and very, very impressive. You have created a gem, and I am thrilled you also shared it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page, love the layers of paper. Thank you for doing us on Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete