Monday, April 20, 2020

Everyday Art Journal Spread

     Are you starting to feel caged in? That's what my latest art journal spread conveys with the chicken wire, and the bugs representing the horrible Coronavirus that's been affecting the whole world! 





     My inspiration took off with the main April Challenge at More Than Words, which was nice since lately I've only been playing in the mini challenges.


     The background started with a coat of Prima Black Gesso, and torn strips from an old dictionary. Once dry, I added Prima White Gesso to The Crafter's Workshop 12" (Chicken Wire) Stencil. Then I stamped the fencing with an older clear Prima Stamp using Ranger (Jet Black) Archival Ink. 





     All of the flowers and bugs were fussy cut from some Graphic 45 (Flutter) papers and glued to my pages. Then I sealed everything with a coat of Prima Marketing Soft Matte Gel. 




     I went over the stencil work with Distress Crayons (Chipped Sapphire, Mermaid Lagoon, and Mustard Seed) and water, as a challenge to myself since I rarely use them. Then I did some shading around the images with (Black Soot). I had so much fun using them again, and will definitely keep them in mind for future projects! 




     The quote was stamped onto strips of white cardstock with (Jet Black) Archival Ink, and embossed onto black cardstock with Lindy's Gang (Purely White) Embossing Powder. 




     I only used one bird, a diecut from the Bo Bunny (Serendipity Collection) to represent those that are in isolation right now, whether from fighting this disease or staying home, and for each one of us, healthy or not, to find your own inner light and strength. One day we WILL break free of these fences! 



Thanks for looking!

*******************************
Challenges Entered:








17 comments:

  1. Beautiful and meaningful journal page, well thought out! Thanks so much for joining us at More Mixed Media and for linking to AJJ, much appreciated. Stay safe and well, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your quote! It's perfect for any time but especially for these days. It's so great that you could join in our Main Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous journal page, lots of super detail and it was a great quote you added for the times that we are living in. Thank you for linking to Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great spread. It doesn't make me think of being stuck inside but it does make me think of summer and being outside. A nice thought. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey with this spread. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. her charming and romantic journal pages are something very special!
    stay healthy, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the symbolism of the chicken wire. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for joining us at MMM with these beautiful pages, loads of things to see and bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I could look at this all day and still miss one of your amazing details! LOL Thank you for playing with us at MMM and hope you can join us again soo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I so enjoyed reading your thinking behind each and every item that is on your pages. You represented the isolation that this nasty virus has brought to us all and you have illustrated it perfectly but in your own style.
    What a lot of work you have put into these pages but how worthwhile it has been. Loved both artwork and words.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interpretation of this crisis!! Love your journal pages! Thank you for join us at MTW! xoxo Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it's so beautiful. I love your colors. It's great inspiration. Thank you for joining us at MTW this month

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!Thank you for playing along at Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing you again!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! My "blink" thought is how much I would love to have a garment made from a fabric in this wonderful "pattern".

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your art journal is lovely! Thank you for playing along with us at Make My Monday!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen
    blog - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your page looks amazing!! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW Stay safe xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this art journal, very powerful Thank you so much for joining us at MTW

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great and very relevant. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words ~ Elle xx

    ReplyDelete