Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Dad ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

Happy Birthday Dad!! Today is my Dad's birthday but we celebrated it last night. Here's the card that I made for him.


I was inspired by sketch #3 used for the March Card Sketch Challenge @ Scrapbook.com.


I finally broke into my Prima (Craftsman Collection) to make this card. My Dad is a general contractor so I actually bought this line with him in mind, even though I've been hoarding it. I used gesso, some glimmer mists, drywall tape, buttons, screws, nails, and bolts to get the texture on here. The gears were hand cut and painted in silver with a bit of embossing powder over them (Lindy's Stamp Gang Midnight Pewter Obsidian).
I machine stitched the zigzag over the banner and added the chain which was also embossed with the same Lindy's embossing powder. I finished it off with the happy birthday sentiment (Sophisticated Sentiments) from Red Rubber Designs stamped with Palette Ink (Prussian Blue).

2 comments:

  1. I would never have thought of using screws nails and bolts. Love how you gessoed them into the background.

    ReplyDelete