Thursday, March 27, 2014

Inspirational #113 ~ Very Vintage

   Happy Thursday! It's time for another stamping challenge @ Red Rubber Inspirationals! This week Mary Anne is hosting Inspirational #113 ~ to create a vintage card. Here's the sample that I made.


I took my inspiration from sketch #5 used for the March Card Sketch Challenge @ Scrapbook.com.



   I started with some kraft cardstock and inked it with Distress inks. Then I stamped over it using  the Script Background stamp with water. It gave it a great aged and subtle look. I used Palette Inks (Bordeaux, Claret, and Violete) to stamp the Victorian Embellishments that I finished with french knots in the center. Around that I stamped and embossed the Fabulous Frames using Ranger gold embossing powder. I also used it to emboss the buttons and scalloped dots on the bottom using the Circles of love stamp set. The purple layer behind the stamping was sprayed and misted with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays, which I also used to color the lace. After water distressing the edges I sewed them down with my sewing machine using gold metallic thread.


Be sure to visit the Red Rubber Inspirational blog for details! I hope to see you there!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, love the sketch you used! LOVE all the beautiful purple!!

    ReplyDelete