Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Seize the day

I was going through my Uncle Bob's photo albums again, and found these photos that worked perfectly with Bobunny's Etc. line. I wish I knew where this was! I do know it's in Europe somewhere. I masked the compass on top, embossed the key and globe, and stamped the small postcards on the right. I printed the column from an image I found on-line, and then inked it with my distress inks.The blue and cream roses I had in my stash of homemade flowers, and I misted them to dull them out a little. Along the right I also did some hand stitching, with a zigzag stitch. This was done for a challenge at Flying Unicorn, to use neutrals+one other color. Obviously I used blue. I also did a lot of fussy cutting with the column, and embellies, so I'm also entering it into Funtoolas February challenge for fussy cutting, which you can find here.
http://funtoolas.ning.com/forum/topics/february-fussy-cutting-challenge.
Here's a close-up of the embossed key. I wanted it to look rusty and old.
I also made the bling using liquid pearls in gold and baby blue.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: