Thursday, November 21, 2013

Bo Bunny ~ Woodland Winter Brrrthday Card

I'm so excited to show you what I've been up to with my very first post as a design team member for Fotobella.com. I made this card from the fabulous new Woodland Winter I want it all bundle by Bo bunny. I absolutely LOVE this line, and honestly I'm still drooling over it!!

I was inspired by this sketch from Cardabilities. I started by cutting a rectangle 9" x 5" using the reverse side of Woodland Winter Mittens paper. From the reverse side of Woodland Winter Journal paper I cut a piece at 5' X 4 1/2", and distressed all of the edges using my Tim Holtz distresser.

Then I  used some gesso over the edges and immediately added some white glitter to it. I glued the pieces onto this same kraft cardstock that are in these photos, and folded it in half to make a card.

My next idea didn't come out the way I intended it to, but ended up being a happy mistake. I used a doily template on the bottom with a little too much gesso, that you couldn't even see the doily design except for on top, which I knew I would be covering. But because it looks like snow, I think it worked it out OK. As it was still wet I added the snowflake sticker that came in my bundle, and then added more of my white glitter.

Then I cut the diamond shapes out from the Woodland Winter Scarf paper. I inked the edges with some Distress ink (faded denim) and then outlined them with some Stickles (waterfall). I also used the Stickles to make the dots in the centers of the stars.

I wrote on the sticker  frame using a white pen,  and finished it off with the mittens button that I threaded with some white fiber.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment